Saturday, February 27, 2021

Give me a PAGE! (poem)


Give me a page please let me write of these long concealed in my heart
Let me write of my ladder builders
those who never gave up in me, helping me see beyond an eagle's sight

Give me a page please let me write of this era and tell of an illness that ravaged the world making us  mask like ekpo of Calabar

Give me a page for I will write of the sorrows of Racism and tell the world that no colour is older than the other
In this page I will tell of a damsel who was taken by force and her sealed gate broken as she mourns her wasted years of this concealment
for now her first union was lost to the unknown

Please give me a page and let me tell the unborn that moonlights were once  more seducing than cartoons, that "Ikorodo Nsukka" has lasted longer than "Shoki" and that our "Palmi"has lasted longer than "Ever"  wine

Please just give me a page and my hands shall never rest in telling of these, these things so they'll last till a "Coons" age!

By Paulinus A Okechukwu
(09066593963)

No comments:

Post a Comment

crypto planet